Even American mystic Edgar Cayce, foretold of the Indigo Children.
He categorized these children into three different groups: Psychic, Indigo, and Crystal, each having his or her own amazing gifts and talents.
Appearing disruptive, impatient and very easily bored, indigo's are commonly diagnosed with ADD and then when medicated...sadly, they will stop seeing the angels. If they are nurtured correctly however, they can and will save the world!
1. They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
2. They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that same opinion.
3. Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
4. They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
5. They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
6. They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
7. They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
8. They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
9. They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
10. They are not shy in letting you know what they need.
Additional characteristics of Indigo Children recognized by other researchers or proponents of the phenomenon include:
11. They are highly sensitive, both emotionally and physically, and most suffer from a low self-esteem.
12. Many have nervous system problems such as excessive anxiety, which is claimed to be linked to their higher vibrational frequency, and are also prone to depression.
13. Many of them feel the need to make a significant difference in the world, and they believe or are fully aware of having a special or high purpose in life.
14. They are truth seekers, who often hold to very unconventional beliefs or knowledge which they feel the need to promote or defend.
15. They often have an insatiable curiosity, and love to ask questions as well as questioning everything around them.
16. They are naturally drawn to matters concerning mysteries, spirituality, the paranormal and the occult.
17. They have great intuitive power.
18. They are often (mis)labeled with the psychiatric diagnoses of Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and also Autism.
19. Most have suffered a difficult childhood.
20. They often suffer from sleeping problems, such as insomnia, frequent nightmares, night terrors and sleep paralysis.
21. They are very empathic, and can easily detect or are in tune with the thoughts of others.
By all means, whether your child is an indigo or not, be sure to encourage their growth and imagination! All children are special and indeed wonderful gifts from our creator!
Some articles related to Parenting Indigo Children